Due to ongoing drought conditions, the Central Harris County Regional Water Authority (CHCRWA) has implemented Stage 1 of its Drought Contingency Plan. Because Harris County MUD 150 (MUD 150) is located within the boundaries of the CHCRWA, MUD 150 is required to initiate Stage 1 of its Drought Contingency Plan and implement voluntary water use restrictions. Should drought conditions worsen, the CHCRWA and MUD 150 may require mandatory water use restrictions. Effective immediately, the following voluntary water use restrictions are in place:
- Voluntary Water Use Restrictions Applicable to Customers. Customers and those responsible for watering common areas such as esplanades and sports fields are requested to voluntarily limit the irrigation of landscaped and other areas and to irrigate said areas only between the hours of 8:00 p.m. on the designated watering days and 6:00 a.m. the following days according to the following schedule:
- Customers with even numbered addresses: even numbered dates
- Customers with odd numbered addresses: odd numbered dates
- Customers are requested to practice water conservation and to minimize or discontinue non-essential water uses such as vehicle washing, power washing or spraying down surfaces (other than for fire protection), gutter flushing, and refilling swimming pools, hot tubs or aesthetic fountains (except those that support aquatic life).
- Customers are encouraged to check for and repair all leaks, dripping faucets, and running toilets.
Thank you for your cooperation – Customers will be notified when these restrictions are no longer required or if conditions warrant additional conservation measures.